I’m not going to lie, this isn’t the original title of the tag. It’s originally called “20 questions for a New Years eve reflection”. But that’s over and I really liked the questions, and I really like answering questions, so I’m just going to wing it.
Basically 20 questions that all have to do with 2014.
This is how I battle my eye infection, It won’t take me down.
What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
– Hm. Is it bad that I have to think about it? I really didn’t like or enjoy 2014. Well, the absolute best thing that happened is definitely me starting this blog. Or my friend Kevin encouraging me and basically pushing me to start. It ended up being a marvelous decision. Another thing I can’t leave out, he sent me The Fault in Our Stars original book, and English versions of LOTR and The Hobbit! ❤
What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
– Oh man. Damn, 2014 was a pathetic year. I’m gonna go with, riding on the biggest roller coaster that currently exists here. Now mind you,this is tiny compared to world wide roller coasters and rides in general. But I have that curse of my gizzard swirling around when I move from high points to lower points. Basically all types of slides, elevators, etc. But it was a little less than 10 meters high and that for a slide down is gigantic here.
… I ended up going 6 times in a row. It was still challenging! It was terrifying the first time.
What was an unexpected joy this past year?
– Being able to patch things up again with Michael to some pretty nice grounds. Working on filling up the holes in the cement but pretty soon it’ll be solid. That made me and is still making me marvelously happy.
What was an unexpected obstacle?
– Physics. That’s all I’m saying. Damn you to hell. I almost lost my year because of you.
Pick three words to describe 2014.
– YearOfTheAmazingWinter, Stressful, Educational (not in school ways).
Pick three words your partner/best friend/parent would use to describe your 2014 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your partner/best friend/parent sees you)
– My best friend would say this year for me was stressful, slow and soul-searching. My mom would say
Pick three words your partner/best friend would use to describe their 2014 (again without asking)
– Stressful, slow and anxious. Me and my best friend we’re almost on the same paths.
What were the best books you read this year?
– Suddenly, the year is passing through my mind. I almost can’t remember anything. But, I’m gonna say Game of Thrones. It is the first year I actually even started getting interested in that show, and I am in love. The book is brilliant and mind you, very difficult. I only read the first book through. The series is still going on and I am taking my time with it. There are 8 books SO FAR.
With whom were your most valuable relationships?
– The term relationship can mean so many things. If the meaning behind it is romantic relationships, I have been single throughout the entire year. But a valuable relationship in general, definitely my mother, my more recent dear friend Kevin and my dearest friend Michael. I love them all and they have shown me so much in 2014.
What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
– I wanna say I am definitely more calmer and more serious than I was in 2013. I hate blaming things on hormones and those ”teenager excuses”. That irks me. It was a year of self-examination. I mentioned multiple times, it was a year where I grew as a person and definitely learned from my mistakes, that I have made BLOODY A LOT in 2013. (I’m sorry Michael). Passed those lessons into action and I’m still working on it. I’m definitely more wiser and calmer.
In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
– Oh boy. I wouldn’t say I grew, honestly. I would say I decreased in a few aspects. 2014, as mentioned above was a year of growth for me as a person, but I also took the time to realize what I want to keep as part of me, part of my personality and what not.
I don’t know if that makes sense. I did work on improving myself, but in my attempts, people took that as a weakness of mine and grabbed the chance to stomp on me and clean their muddy boots off me.
Certain people. Which caused one big heart break all together, a massive disappointment and made me incredibly bitter and quick to cut-throat someone out of my life if I just don’t want to put my effort in. If I don’t feel they deserve it, and my deal breakers are high up there. If you crossed it, it means you crossed it. It made me, how do you say it – harsh. The softest way I can put it.
I grew more caring and cautious of people’s feelings for the one’s I thought deserved it of course.
In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
– I don’t do that. I think. I may have messed up on the meaning.
In what way(s) did you grow physically?
– Well I do eat a lot..
In what way(s) did you grow in your relationship with others?
– I feel like I’m going to repeat myself over and over.
I definitely became more distrusting. I guess you could call me pretty naive, but the more time flies, I think I know the signs.
What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
– My Physics exams. They should have never happened, they didn’t need too. I wasted a perfectly good summer and replaced it with stress and worry, on top of other things. And I wasted a potential holiday in Greece.
What was the best way you used your time this past year?
– Well I worked very hard and it paid off. I completed many goals concerning my school work and grades, my personal relations with my friends. All of that took time and a lot of energy since I am not a natural born optimist.
What was the biggest thing you learned this past year?
– Don’t take people for granted and don’t let your ego get the best of you. Put your pride aside and be fair.
Create a phrase or statement that describes 2014 for you.
Life isn’t about finding yourself, it’s about creating yourself.
I guess yeah.
Okay, this blogpost turned out to be way more serious than I thought it was going to be. I was so prepared for a fun, quick tag where I’d show off my witty and humorous jokes, but nope. I had to think long and hard before I wrote and it didn’t even turn out that good. Damn it.
But, I tag Finicky Cynic, Professor VJ Duke, Fatina96, Human Interest, deepbluesandseafoamgreens & Feminine and Feline to do this tag, whenever they wish! That’s everyone I can think off the top of my head.
Have a good one!