I just realized I did a similar blog post two months ago, mentioning a few of the following things but it wasn’t as detailed. It was circling around a few things and what my country Should have. But the following is what I’ve never tried, and what is among those things, I maaaay repaet myself.
Now,you must be thinking. Why would anyone make this into a list? There’s gotta be a million and one things every person on earth hasn’t tried. But some of these will blow your mind, because they’re FREQUENT and almost everywhere, except here. Your mind will take a swirl.
Now, we’re behind Americans by at least fifty years, so in some matters it is understandable. But still not fair. You know. We still want and should have all of the foody goodness some of your guys might get. Of course, not all candy comes from America but I think plenty of these are from there. Or at least, I see Americans eating them the most. Almost all of the candy that is sold here is either from Germany or, I don’t even know but we don’t get variety. At all. We do have some tasty things but those tasty things have been around since my mom was a kid man. Import something dude. Make the stores.
Anyway. back to the topic. As stated, we are behind Americans by at least fifty years, which would explain why we got Oreos for the first time (now) two years ago. I know. This right?
They appeared in late 2013, but this year is still very fresh. And after so much time, we only have the regular kind and the double stuffed kind.
So, I tried making a list of all the things off the top of my head, and mind you there’s a lot, that I hear being talked about all the time and seen being eaten. Let’s dive into it.
- Taco’s. I think a single store didn’t exist that would make even something similar till about awhile ago, and it’s still not done. They’re in the process of making it, in 2015 – In Serbia.
- Sushi. Now, this definitely exists, I just thought it was interesting how I never tried it. I think it’s because of the potential gagging that might occur, ’cause I have a very sensitive reflex to flappy, fleshy, jiggly, mushy, wet things.
- Chinese food. Same situation as sushi. Trying it tomorrow though for the first time. I hear things get real spicy.
- Waffles. I think you can make them, sure. You can try with a waffle maker of some sorts but here it’s not a thing and no one bother’s buying. And to be honest, it looks like plastic. Doesn’t it?
- Pancakes. Now I want to try this. Apparently we have this.
Now let me demonstrate. I am confused.
These are pancakes all over the world;
<– & –> what we have here is this
Those two are not the same freaking thing. Or they may be. One is just cooked longer and thicker but they can’t be called the same. We call ours Palacinke, and people confuse that with Pancakes. What we have are crapes.
Open three different tabs. Write Pancakes, write Palacinke, write crapes. That’s all there is too it.
I want to try PANCAKES.
- American/foreign cereal. We do not have these. We maybe have some crappy shit like chocolate balls with some cute bear on it, but most of it is just straight up corn flakes. Or those ”protein”, ”fitness” jazz.
No Lucky Charms, no Raisin Bran, Froot Loops, Cheerios, Reese’s Puffs, Honey Bunches of Oats, Captain Crunch, nothin’.
I mean I don’t even like or eat cereal, but I wouldn’t mind having it on display, just so I know I can try it. You know.
- Marshmallows. We have none.
Again, they’re mushy and I don’t think I’d like them, but just give them to me. I’ll be satisfied with looking at them.
- Pop tarts. Non existent. What the heck even is that? A biscuit with a flavorful cream on top?
Man, I feel left out.
Now, the fast food restaurants. Well. not much to expect. The biggest fast food restaurant here is McDonald’s obviously. Not that fast food restaurants are even that important, nor do I consume all that much food from them, but it wouldn’t hurt if we also had Wendy’s, Burger King, In & Out and all types of fast food restaurants over the world.
I tried Mango for the first time a few months ago. Never tried avocado due to not seeing it being sold till a few weeks ago.
Now the candy/cookie factory;
- Oreos. As mentioned. No other flavors.
- Butterfinger candy bar. Non existent.
- Reese’s peanut butter cups. Non existent.
- Warheads. I love sour stuff. We have sour candies here, but we don’t have warheads.
- Skittles. We only have the regular kind and there is about, 65 different types of Skittles?
- M&M’s. Now, okay. We have the chocolate and peanut butter ones. Nothing else.
- Razzles. They just look fun and they’re candy, but non existent.
- Nerds. Non existent. But so popular!
- Fun dip. Non existent.
- Hershey anything. Non existent.
- Macarons. I’ve SEEN these in the mall but I believe, 3 macarons is (this is going to sound so pathetic) 3 dollars, converted from the Serbian Dinar. That’s over 300 dinara here and that is INSANE for a few candies. A burger and a 2l coke costs that much. Literally.
- Crunchie. Okay, I gave up on VIOLET CRUMBLE. But they’re similar right? At least those, goddamn it. Non existent.
And a few drinks;
- MTN Dew.
- Dr Pepper.
- Jolly Rancher.
- Monster (The energy drink).
I’ve tried SevenUp… It’s Sprite.
So anyway, there you guys go…
I feel like, I’m missing out. It’s not that big of a deal, but it is.
Just the fact that I don’t have it, makes me want to have it even more, even though I would be completely neutral for most of these.
You have at least 8 of these things, so yey me. Ship me some, I’ll pay.